Re: Looking for Green Letters (Again)

Jason and Joe

My first quick look says that you need to use the bridgeporttask and
bridgeportio for the stg board.  Minimill doesn't try to look at any
extra I/O beyond what stepper or freq mod wants from the parallel port.  I
suspect that stg8 does demand those extra signals in order to work properly.

What I'd suggest is that you switch to tkemc for your gui and when you get
it running you can use the script under the menu button named IO_Exercise to
look at the locations on the stg card.  You can do that by entering the
addresses. (only 8 pins at a time)  We really should write a whole Tcl/Tk
script for analysis of the stg card with addresses and EMC names for the
signals on each pin.

BTW - If the EMC is running the stg board, you can't use IO_Exercise to
change pin states, only view what they are.  If the EMC isn't running, you
can use the exerciser but I would caution you that there is NO error
checking.  You can trash most anyting that you mis-exercise.

Ray