Re: 4th axis working

I put some pictures of my little Sherline rotary table running with EMC in
the dropbox at www.linuxcnc.org
They are in a zipped file called 4axispics.zip.
The Sherline is running in "Slave" mode from the printer port of the
computer.  I used Vectorcam  to generate the code using the 4 axis option.
There is still a lot to be worked out with my system.  I will probably
convert everything over to servos asap, so that I can run everything
faster- the little Sherline stepper setup can't take the fast rapids that I
really want.

I ran an engraving job this last week with the latest EMC version and it
gives very smooth motion.  Typically, the tool path for an engraving job is
made up of thousands of little line segments and used to make the machine
stutter and shake.  Now it runs very well.

Dan