Re: EMC for Floppy Disk

John Ross wrote:

> I know I'm still in the dark ages, but is there still a way to get EMC on
> floppies.  The EMC version I have is broken down to ???.aaa, ???.aab... to
> fit on floppies.  I was going to upgrade to the 7-june release (is this the
> latest version?) but I can't find it in the .aaa .aab.... format.

probably just put them all on the hard disk and go:

cat  fname.[a-z][a-z][a-z] > fname.tgz

to aggregate them all into a single file,
where fname is the filename you have (want) and the .tgz
is the extension you expect (ie might be .tar.gz  or .tar  or .Z
or???)   If it is an executable,  you'll need to set the executable
bit with something like:

chmod ugo+rwx  fname

Doug