Re: new release first problems

Hi Ian

 Christmas edition of Linux Format by any chance ?

The errors you are getting are the same as the ones I had last week - You need
to recompile emc with the new libs. But you will in all probability get compile
errors with iosh, emcsh, and bridgeportio. Compiling a new kernel and rtlinux
extensions will also produce loads of warnings - mbuff.o fails to be built.
(and applying the rt patch is a pain).

I gave up in the end - switched to Mandrake 7.0 and a pristine linux source.
Still a lot of warning messages, but nothing fatal. The only real difference I
can see between ver. 7.0 and 7.2 is glibc. The compilers are both the same
versions.

Getting some real good system crashes though, ranging from a total lockup to
instant reset. Running with freqmod and xemc, as soon as any move is attempted,
it crashes - Change to tkemc and it all appears to be stable.

Regards, Paul.