Re: 5-axis machine controller

Thanks everyone for the info.

It looks like I got the information I needed.

I think I'm going to hack together the most simple drive circuit
I can to get the machine running and then use to to build a better
driver board for itself.

I still don't see how I can use 2 pins to drive a stepper without a
stepper controller or an H-Bridge for bi-polar motors.
Maybe that is what you had in mind.

although my motors are bi-polar I'd like to run them uni-polar for
the first step with an understanding of the drawbacks in speed and
torque, after all it's temporary.

I'll go try to get everything together.

Thanks again everyone.

Marc