Re: PPMC developments

Jon & all,

While this is probably not causing your problem, I think it bears mention.
I am using a Quickpath Systems, Inc. FlexPort 42 I/O card in the HP Vectra
VL 5/133. This gives me 3 Parallel ports.
I was having E-Stop problems that I chased for a couple days. I could get
out of ES by changing polarity - but on the next run, I would have to flip
it back to where it was to begin with to get it to go.
Changing pin assignments seemed to fix this, but then M codes for the
spindle would put the machine into ES.

The real solution was to terminate the unconnected pins ( tie them high or
low ) of the port. That fixed it.

Dave