RE: Steppers and the .INI file

>>Tim Wrote:
>Don't know which motion module you are using. If it is Freqmod you want >to

>change the PERIOD setting until the system is running as fast as you can
>go
>without locking up. If steppermod you want to lower the CYCLE_TIME
>entries.
>Also take a look at your acceleration parameters. THe default is a servo
>value that is just too high for steppers. Try something like 1 or 2 and
>slowly raise it to find the max

I'm using freqmod and I have the Period set to 0.000016 I have the
acceleration settings all at 2.0.  I ran a quick test with a dial indicator.
If I zero the indicator and do a GO Y3 to move away from it then a G0 Y0 to
move back the dial indicator is within .001 (I don't expect too much
accuracy from the flimsy mag base). If I do a G1 Y3 and G1 Y0 the Dial
indicator is off by approximately .020.  The results have me puzzled.  Any
ideas?  Will changing the PERIOD value fix this?

Thanks
John Ross