Re[1]: run errors with new install

Hello;

comments intermixed below:

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Ray wrote:

ray>
ray> List
ray>
ray> I copied the sourceforge respository today and attempted an install.  My
ray> Linux distribution is Mandrake 7.0 with updated glibc development version
ray> 2.1.3-16mdk  and compiler version 2.95.2.
ray>
ray> I used Terry's mod to sys/io.h.
ray>
ray> The compile error logs are all empty.  But when I try to run EMC I get the
ray> following report.
ray>
ray> [root-at-localhost emc]# ./emc.run
ray> ./emc.run: cd: ./emc.run/..: Not a directory

emc.run is not a directory so of course it cannot
cd to it's parent directory. ;-)

ray> Current platform is linux_2_2_14
ray> Current real-time platform is rtlinux_2_2
ray> inivar = plat/linux_2_2_14/bin/inivar
ray> INIFILE = emc.ini
ray> starting emc...

ray> Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
ray> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
ray> Application initialization failed: couldn't connect to display ":0"

this would tend to indicate one of three things:

1. that the x-session is not owned by root.
i would guess that you are logged in as someone
other than root. root cannot connect to the x-server.

2. that the x-session is at login splash screen.

3. there is no x-server running.

ray> bad image file emc.gif

no idea.

ray> starting EMC MOTION PROGRAM -- steppermod.o...done
ray> starting EMC IO PROGRAM --  bridgeportio...done
ray> starting EMC TASK PROGRAM -- bridgeporttask...done
ray> running EMC DISPLAY PROGRAM -- xemc...

ray> Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
ray> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
ray> Error: Can't open display: :0

see above concerning x-session

ray>

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

digging deep, i feel my conscience burn
i need to know who and what i am
this hunger jolts me from complacency
rocks me, makes me meet myself