Re: EMC with intelligent stepper controllers

Okay, so what you want to do is build a front end program like
Flashcut, and send serial ASCII comands to the serial driven
SimpleStep boards. I know PicServo has front end software and
source available for download, I wonder if there is anything in it
that might help you. You can lookm here

http://www.jrkerr.com/pscmc.html

Steve

----------
> From: jguenthe <jguenthe-at-nafis.fp.trw.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <emc-at-nist.gov>
> Subject: RE: EMC with intelligent stepper controllers
> Date: Monday, October 09, 2000 12:39 PM
>

> Steve,
>
> That I under stand,  and since the output of the RS274 interpreter is NOT
> sent directly to the parallel port for step and direction control, I was
> merely looking for where to start.  I have built the RS-274 interpreter
in
> standalone mode and have looked at the output of it.  There appears to be
> great deal that happens to the canonical commands before they are
actually
> converted to step and direction pulses or commands for the STG boards in
> EMC.  I really don't want to get into an in depth study of the EMC source
> determine which module I need to replace with code to drive the
SimpleStep