Re: Phase stepping implemented, not tested on hardware

On Sat, 07 Oct 2000, matt wrote:
> > My first thought was that with one bit we might be refering to the
> > purchase of the cabin on Walden Pond for 12.5 cents.
>
> I thought HDT had about $20 in that cabin, garden, etc. ? The book's out in
> the shop, I'll check tomorrow ;)

All I can say is that either you have long running programs on that mill
or a lot of time between parts.  Mine is a box getting mouldy.  Maybe it
was two bits for the whole of it.

> This "phase stepping" thing is specific to old Bridgeports that use this bit
> pattern rather than the more conventional step and direction type signals.
> Brendan Doherty in Ireland has retrofitted his old Bridgeport with the EMC
> using a little circuit that I drew up for him a while back. He added an L297
> to convert step and direction to this bit pattern. Fred has built it into the
> software and Terry Ridder from Chicago is going to try it out on a couple of
> machines there.

There was some talk about making the software do motor commutation so I
was just wondering.