Re: Real time?

QNX is suposedly opening some of the system for non-commercial development
but they would probably still require a license to distribute anything you
do with
it (see http://get.qnx.com/ ) looks like the download version is a tad late
though
they do claim that most Linux code can be ported easily and have some
examples
of GNU tools for QNX at the free software page on http://www.qnx.com/
I read somewhere that QNX on a flash card was the OS on those $99 diskless ,
lcd screen net boxes that were mentioned on the list a few months back
(and were discontinued after everyone started hacking them)
using dynamic HTML could be another way to do a remote GUI
there was an article in Circuit Cellar about web based control interfacing
using an html widget set. I'm not sure there would be much improvement
in the size/speed of the system over Tcl/Tk but there are some tiny sized
http deamons for Linux
a couple 'all-in-one' motherboards could be sandwiched into the same case
and networked for a semi-dual processor system one 'headless' for motion
and the other for the user interface ,not that different than the comercial
vendors

Brian

ps
totaly off topic but I'm trying to put together a "silent" diskless
workstation
does anyone know of a way to make an AT compatable power supply
work with the fan disconnected (and with extra large heatsinks )