RE: August Rel. compiling errors

RE: August Rel. compiling errorsDate: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:50:48 -0500
From: Ray <rehenry-at-up.net>
To: emc-at-nist.gov
Reply to: rehenry-at-up.net

Jan and Tim

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Tim wrote:
<snipped>

> If I remember correctly this is the same error message I was getting when I
> did the install on top of an existing EMC that was working fine. This was
> with RH 5.2. I continued to get the same error message after I reinstalled
> the prior working version and had to delete the directory and reinstall the
> prior version to get EMC functional again (Jon Elson did point out that a
> ./clean would probably have worked).

One problem here is that the new releases, both bin and src are shipped
without clean.  (perhaps we can get that fixed)  What I do each time I
try a new release is create a new directory and untar the release there.
If it works, I may or may not rename that directory my "nist" directory.

I did go back and install the August emcsrc release under RH5.2 and the
compile went without a hitch.   The iostream.h error was still there but
didn't affect the outcome.  I have the standard RH 2.0.36 release from last
year.  (at this point I can't make the src compile with Mandrake 7.0)

Will indicated that mbuff.h errors shouldn't be a problem and I did not
get that error in this compile, so I looked for that file on the RH5.2 and
it just isn't there.

Perhaps this is a problem of building one release on top of another.