Re: EMC - a practical implementation?

Steve,

I don't know, but I detect a lot of animosity towards something that is of no
consequence to you, one way or the other.  What did you hope to get out of
this thread?  For those who are using EMC daily, you're going to have a heck
of a time trying to convince them that EMC s--ks.  Why discourage those who
would try it, just because you don't have the capability?  If your time is so
valuable, then surely you must have the resources to go out and buy a $10k
program that does what EMC does and more.  I don't own the shop, either -
I'll get a small compensation when it's running.  Maybe not total
reimbursement, but I prefer to look at what I've learned as an investment.
I've learned, in the process.  Judging from other comments, I'm probably
working on one of the heaviest machines that EMC has been applied to, since
from its original development.  Jog at 1000IPM, cut at 800IPM, 20HP spindle
motor, 20 Tool Changer - this ain't no Bridgeport. (In addition, I've had
several people contact me individually to do similar work to their machines,
for a FEE.)  This is supposed to be a forum for constructiveness, so again I
ask - what did you hope to get out of this thread?  Revamp NIST?  Boycott EMC?

-John