Re: Implementation

Mr. Ash,

I also like the idea of a standard software machining environment.  I think
the NIST concept is a fabulous one and would like to be able to use it
sooner than later.  And like you, I "hope to someday use the available OS,
and give input to the development".

However, given EMC's current state of development, I think I'd rather pay
for the cost of service and support.  Unfortunately, neither is available.

And all of you have my opinions regarding user-required compiles, testing
and debugging.

So, like you, Mr. Ash, for the present, I think I'll just be reading and
rooting.

StevieB

At 09:21 PM 7/12/2000 -0400, you wrote:

>I have been watching development for sometime myself and should maybe keep
>my fingers out of it since I don't have one machine, or even gotten past a
>plain Linux install without ditching it, having to use the computer for a
>DOS application. I have seen most of the web tour and seen some amazing
>things illustrated. I was told that there was a CDROM available, but, have
>yet to get a response from the list. I am not here to knock my employees, I
>am here to give you encouragement in this task,  hope to someday use the
>available OS, and give input to the development. I believe I am correct in
>saying that a commercial DOS port has been done, albeit "a diamond in the
>rough" as some have termed it. The source code is there for any commercial
>venture to grab and go with it. I will have to be a lurker for some time
>until that ship comes in that will enable me to use my investment. Good luck
>and I will be reading and rooting
>Robert Ash
>Columbia,SC

Stephen B. Patterson                           <stevieb-at-chisp.net>
4019 Perry Street, Denver, Colorado  USA       80212-2171
01-303-480-1439 Voice       01-303-480-1439 Fax on request
Lynx Motion Technology Corp. <http://www.katech.com/>
RODI Power Systems, Inc.            <http://www.rodi.com/>