Re: STG2

I wiped the HD yesterday, reinstalled RH6.0, installed RTL2.0 then installed
the May release of EMC - still using the stg2mod.o motion controller.  There
was no difference.  It's actually kind of weird, when I measure DAC0 it will
creep up slowly (ramping up), but DAC1 and DAC2 will both spike.  In fact, no
matter which direction button I press, DAC1 would still go positive!?
(Another weird thing is that if you change the settings on one axis, it seems
to change it for all axes.)  I would suspect the board, but there are
separate opamps for 0&1, 2&3, etc.  If 0 works, why not 1?  Plus I've been
able to manually set voltages on it.  I think something may be getting put
together (the way the base address is appended to the DAC and the counts)
wrong when it writes to the DAC.  There is supposed to be a way to run in
non-realtime and log the output to the DAC's, but I have no idea how to do
it.  Furthermore, I've spent about 4 weeks trying to debug this thing, which
is equal to 4 weeks that I haven't done any "real" work (i.e. I'm gonna
starve soon, if I don't).  I think I'm going to see if the fellows up at NIST
would be receptive to trying the board themselves.  I may even get a wild
hair and drive it up myself, so I can see it work.

-John