Re: which commercial linear scale for EMC & S2G card?

Doug

Perhaps some of the confusion comes from the difference between absolute
and incremental encoders or scales.

An absolute encoder or scale spits out enough information to locate its
exact position anywhere while an incremental encoder or scale only spits
out a change in position.

I know that STG cards work with quadrature type incremental signals
regardless of the specific device (scale or rotary) but I don't know if
those boards can be made to work with absolute signals.  I suspect not.

Ray