Re: Problems with installing RTlinux 2.0

Hi Frank,

> List,
>
> When I install RTlinux 2.0 on RH 6.1 I get after a cold reboot a fatal error
> from the x-window server:
>
> Can't connect: errno = 111
> Failed to set default font path 'unix/:-1'
> Fatal server error:
> could not open default font 'fixed'
>
> For me it was the first time that I installed RTlinux 2.0 so I did it again
> but with the same result.
> What is wrong and what needs to done?

-What happens if you boot your old kernel you used before ? Does the error go
away ?
-Is xfs running ( check with ps -ax | grep -v grep | grep xfs )?-
What does your /etc/X11/XF86Config look like ( Section "Files", look for
FontPath, do these directories exist ?
-Are you booting into runlevel 3 or 5 ( do you get a graphics login or not ).

I don't know your level of knowledge with unix, so please don't be offened with
these simple questions.

Max