Re: home and limit switch in series

another plug for sequential homing:

in the situation where you hit emergency stop while machining (due to tool
break or noting some error in the program) you would like (in the case of
a milling machine) for the z axis to home first to get the tool out of the
way before any movement in the x and y axes.   going sequential for x and
y would take longer than simultaneous homing but would be worth it for
many people to minimize the number of input lines.

-ron

Ron Wickersham
rjw-at-alembic.com
Alembic, Inc.