Re: emc backlash compensation

"Eding, Bert" wrote:

> Jon, do you have a picture of this setup including the
> 'Indcol' clone mount and the dial test indicator?
> When I have an idea how it looks like, I can try to get/make
> such a mount for my EMCO-FB2.

These things have a c-shaped block, with a thumbscrew to
hold it on.  Before I got my Bridgeport J-head, I had an
M head, which was a lot smaller.  I just made a longer
thumbscrew, and it worked fine.  The mount, without
the dial test indicator, is about $18 at Enco and others.
Sometimes, they have the unit WITH an indicator on sale
for about $39.

I'll try to get pictures of this contraption this weekend.