Porting EMC to different hardware

Hi, i'm new to this list after about 5 tries to subscribe.

I was looking at the motion controller last night to see how i could port
the code to my hardware.  One thing that i was wondering was if the code as
written could use a tachometer instead of deriving velocity from delta
position.

The other thing is i think the external interface is fairly clear, but if i
do read the tachometer i would like to set up a dma interface and just have
the current velocity waiting to be read in memory.

I guess my question would most easily be answered if i could find code for
the servo to go analog input with a tach.
thanks,
eric