Re: emc spindle

Fred Proctor wrote:

> Ming Him Mak wrote:
>

> I thought the "SPINDLE_ON_INDEX=3" will active the third axis of
> servotogo board,but it is no response. Is any pin of servotogo board
> connect to SPINDEL_FORWARD_INDEX, SPINDLE_REVERSE_INDEX........?
> <
>
> The EMC controller for the Bridgeport (bridgeporttask/brigeportio)
> interprets these as bits on the parallel port. The EMC controller for
> our desktop minimill (minimilltask/minimillio) uses the 4th Servo To Go
> axis to control the spindle, but I haven't tested this in about a year.
>
> The way this happens is that the C code in
> emc/src/emctask/minimilltaskintf.cc takes requests to turn the spindle
> off and on and routes them to the motion controller instead of the IO
> controller, as is done in bridgeporttaskintf.cc.
>
> If you want to try this, specify the minimill controllers, e.g.,
>
> [TASK]
> TASK = minimilltask
>
> [EMCIO]
> EMCIO = minimillio
>
> --Fred

Fred, I did to put minimilltask and minimillio into emc.ini, but the 4th
axis is still no response. X, Y and Z axis is still working, I check the
source code of minimilltaskinf.cc. It seems most parameters of spindle
has sim() , for example simSpindleSpeed. Does that means the code is
only work on similation.
	Below description is my hardware and software test.
	Hardware setup : I put another servo motor (not spindle) to 4th axis of
servotogo to card and connect the encode and command line.
	software test : Manual
			click the spindle forward ,reverse , increse and 			decrese
			: MDI
			  S2000 M3 or 4
Ming