Re: Homebrew STG card - CRAZY-8

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000, you wrote:
>"Jon Elson" wrote:
>
>Sure, and I could probably run it from my Palm Pilot, too, if I wanted
>to write 250,000 lines of code!
>
>> Sorry,  I had to tell :)  But I do think you could run it from a dos/windows
>> machine too.
>
>The whole idea here is to make a machine move under computer
>control without personally recreating the entire history of CNC
>all by oneself!
>
>Jon

I don't really understand what you mean Jon,  -  but I guess you didn't
understand me either.  Not sure if I do myself :)

I got a little out of control,  and I probably "talked"  this to death.  What
really started me off,  were the facts that this will work, and I have done it
before.  I have a whole computer system made,  with rtkernel and os.  And I can
"mount"  it more or less the way I explained unto a PC.  But to do the same
thing with a whole PC, - sounded a bit too wild.  That is why I started out
this with the "CRAZY" in the subject title.  But the more I thought of it, the
more it dawned on me - this will work.

That is what made me so exited.  But,  I can't pass judgment on my own ideas,
this will be up to you.  I have simply shared it with you, - and what to do
about it, - is up to you.

If you think this is an idea to look into, - fine,  we could do that.  But the
fact remains,  I  got carried away.

In closing,  - I just want to say that "Jon "  got me started.  I liked his
idea about downloading the stuff into an Xilinx device,  but realized you
actually would need to make up a "bus" system to hook everything unto,  and we
already was into the making of ISA boards.  So why not "mount" a whole ISA bus
system - you know the rest of the story.

It still seems a little wild to "mount"  a whole PC in order to have an IO
system to play with,  even when I have done the same thing with smaller
systems.  But then - why not ?

I am going to drop this subject  if no one else don't find anything in it.  It
was just an idea :)

//ARNE