Re: Homebrew STG card - CRAZY-7

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000, you wrote:
>"Arne Chr. Jorgensen" wrote:
>
>> Please guys - shut me up :)
>>
>> Now I am going to be flamed ! :)
>>
>> You could run such a box from Windows :(
>>
>> And you could use any computer,  if it just has enought ISA busses.
>>
>> But the key thing was to just suggest some "homebrew"  system that could stay
>> simple.  With easy plugs, you could carry it around,  running other types of
>> machines.
>
>Sure, and I could probably run it from my Palm Pilot, too, if I wanted
>to write 250,000 lines of code!

Yes,  I did get my self worked up, didn't I ?    :)
Jon,  I am not trying to be a "smart ass" ,  that is not it.

>> Sorry,  I had to tell :)  But I do think you could run it from a dos/windows
>> machine too.
>
>The whole idea here is to make a machine move under computer
>control without personally recreating the entire history of CNC
>all by oneself!

As I said,  I am not trying to do this -  it is more like making a "hardware
wrapper"  that could work with EMC.  The idea is not to make "new" code,  just
use the "tools"  that NIST already have provided,  and maybe learn to use them.

They say you have to crawl before you can walk.  I am not saying this would be
a full blown production system,  but for "home brew"  and stuff,  I thought it
could be a vehicle for some of that.

//ARNE