Re: Homebrew STG card - 8254

Hi Brian.

> a "clear upgrade path from steppers to servos"
> another possibility is to feed a pulse string (mode2)or square wave
> (mode3)into an  LM2917
> frequency to voltage converter
> I know its a bit unorthodox but does this sound reasonable?

My original brief was based around an octal 13bit DAC along with the usual
encoder and digital IO ports. By adding an 8254 to the design and having
suitable software modules available - the 'clear upgrade path' would entail
nothing more than plugging the required chips, and enabling the software.
Hopefully this project can become an intergrated option within EMC.

Regards, Paul.