NEW SITE :)

Congratulation !!

It looks nice Dan !  Please keep the frontpage simple !  ( If
possible )
( There is nothing so frustrating as having to wait for a bunch of
pictures you have to wait for,
before you can navigate around, IMO )

I sent something to Jon, and will see if there is any use in it.
Else I will try to see if I have something I can help out with.
Thanks for the info about Tcl, it was enough to search for the
title, here is the url:  http://www.beedub.com/book/first.html

I just supply a few things I have looked briefly over,  but can't
remember where I found them. The name should be enough to
help to search for.

 tdcad2.0b.tar.gz  - Matt has more info on this, plus other
files.  It will read in a DXF file and display it, + some editing.

 tclcnc_v1.tgz      -  this is also something Matt sent me.
 TKDraw-1.1.tar.gz  -  a little but nice drawing program
 tclvogle.tar.gz           - this is the source that I have been
talking so much about. Reason, all tck/tk programs should easy run

 under this, with added graphics and speed.  Take tdcad above, and
just modify it slightly, - and we shoul have something nice. ( I
think )
 TkTurtle-1.0.shar.gz  - this is another idea.  It is an old
turtle drawing program.  Give the turtle a direction and it it
will  draw.
 Why not let this be the cutting tool, and it will draw the tool
path ? ( should be easy to experiment with )

Under is some links to Vogl/Vogle.   It is Vogle I have been
running without much problem.  I do think we could have a lot of
fun, if
we patch together something.  I would just like the speed, and a
better canvas,  else tcl/tk would do fine. I will try to get
tclVogle running, and as I have said,  you can use all the tcl/tk
stuff - just with the added bonus of 3D and easier convertion from
Acad, or any DXF package.  I think the normal file format is
Wavefront .obj ( not sure )

I leave some links to Vogl/Vogle at the end.  Best wishes,

//ARNE

 Vogl:

http://heplibw3.slac.stanford.edu/grp/eg/minos/software/vines/vogl

    http://sal.rising.com.au/F/3/VOGL.html