Re: adiós, Auf Wiedersehen, arrivederci, au revoir, bye bye

> sigh ...
> what *should* have happened is that someone should have got
> the list of users out of the NIST list, pasted it into the
> 'bulk subscribe' panel of Mailman on sourceforge.  a few days
> later you relpace the emc-at-nist mailing address with an
> autoresponder 'please got to ...'  you can still do that as
> Mailman will reject any duplicate addresses ...

Actually, Sourceforge has disabled the bulk subscribe feature
on their lists (due to past abuse).  I believe they would do
a bulk subscribe for us if we asked, but I specifically chose
not to sign up all the old list members to the new list
automatically.  I would rather let the members themselves
decide to join the new list.  I imagine that at least some
of the addresses on the old list are no longer active, some
folks may have lost interest, etc.

After another week or two, and a couple more notices asking
people to switch, we will shutdown the old list and replace
it with an autoresponder as you suggested.

> unless you have a closing date and a procedure, it will
> all be a mess ...

I don't think it will be too bad.

John Kasunich
emc-users list administrator