Re: Must Have apps for the next BDI

On Monday 19 May 2003 19:29, Jon Elson wrote:
> Robin Szemeti wrote:
> >must have:
> >perl (for post processors)
>
> Good point!  The log file graphing needs perl, or at least it did in a
> prior version!

yeah, and the various post-processors I've played with for correcting
geometry errors etc are in Perl ... out of choice I write in Perl if I can.

> >samba
> >smbfs options in kernel
>
> Watch out for known vulnerabilities in samba!

oh, for sure,  but for allowing the windows based CAM package to sling GCODE
files into a directory, its a fairly good way to go .... making the EMC
easily interfaced to a wide range of Windows based CAM packages by levering
the power of Samba is a big plus here.

--
Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited