Re: Must Have apps for the next BDI

Hi Paul

Robin makes some very good suggestions here.   But I did want to point
out that one of the reasons that I wanted to see mozilla, a PDF reader
and/or a spreadsheet application was that these provide ways to present
information to the user.    What I eventually imagined seeing is a whole
collection of available information related to the machining craft on
line.     Everything from material properties data to size charts for
twist drills.

Now it could be argued that this sort of information may not need to go
directly into the BDI along with EMC, but I can argue that it would be
much more usefull than games or the latest version of gimp.    What we
are talking about is sort of like a gpl'ed machinest handbook, a place
to collect common knowledge related to the craft that nobody completely
remembers.   Obviously this info does not exist yet so I geuss that
maybe we are jumping the gun a bit.   Finally room for EMC tutorials and
documentation is paramount.

Also please retain a mail system of some sort.   I believe that it is
useful for any system.    In the future it would be nice if EMC was
capable of being configured to E-Mail specific individuals when ever a
fault is detected.

Just a few ideas or perspectvies I thought might be worth mentioning.
  Eventually I would love to see a BDI disk that gives one a complete
development station for metal working.   I realize that there is not
enough gpl'ed material yet to do that so obviously the BDI disk is going
to be filled with material that may not be directly related to CNC control.

Thanks
Dave