RE: Must Have apps for the next BDI

Opera is redistributable as a binary.

The firewall rule can say something like this, lets assume that the
local subnet is 192.168.123.0/25

allow all from 192.168.123.0/25 to any via interface
drop all from any to any via interface 135-139

This would block all netbios connects outside of the local subnet, I
usually explicitly allow all services under port 1024 and then block all
others than I don't allow.

--snip--
How do most people use emc
--/snip--

I know that most of Sherline's customers are not going to be net savvy,
and won't care at all about services, if they do they will likely be
able to install them themselves, at which point I would assume that they
can secure their own computer.

I have heard that there is a kernel dif for Linux that allows ipfw - I
am not sure though, its not really important which firewall we end up
using. It is more the principle of are we going to use it or not.

-Mike