Re: Must Have apps for the next BDI

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 07:54:32PM -0400, Paul wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> Busy working on the next BDI disk - A major departure from previous versions,
> as it will be based on Debian not Red Hat. With over 12,000 packages to
> choose from, and nearly 1Gig of space left, I'm looking for some suggestions.
> Two categories - Must Have apps, and Would be Nice.

This should be a contentious category :)
things I'd see as essential
nfs or smb client
mutt
icewm
xemacs
lyx (on qt libraries)
gdcalc
ghostscript for printing

nice:
samba
ftp server? (get the files there without sneakernet)
dia or xfig
ImageMagick for the file conversion tools
apache to run a local web server with piccies of
       the good parts machined.