Re: IMO

On Thursday 08 May 2003 13:59, you wrote:
> Ray wrote:
> > For example, Professor Hugh Jack posted a very kind report
> > to the MatPLC list in which he described the discussion from
> > EMC Monday.  One reply suggested that their work is very
> > similar to the HAL that is being developed here and that
> > the entire EMC could run as a module within their framework.

...and JohnK replied:
> Can you post a link to an archive or something so we could
> take a look?  I've been thinking of a PLC within EMC, but
> EMC within a PLC is a fresh perspective that deserves some
> thought, at least.

Well, here's the discussion Ray is talking about:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=1434&max_rows=25&style=ultimate&viewmonth=200304

...look at messages titled "EMC Progress Report".
The folks interested in the HAL should look at this description of the
MatPLC's internal structure (especially the CMM and GMM):

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/mat/doc/lplc-article.txt

These are also interesting:

http://mat.sourceforge.net/manual/custom/gmm.html

http://mat.sourceforge.net/manual/custom/conffile.html