Re: Interesting Xylotek stepper problem

Lee & Chris studley wrote:

> Hi,
> This is a similar problem with in timing incompatibility with the
> GeckoDrives especially with the PLL step multiplier.
>
> I think a user definable timing setup should be included in a apropos
> section in the ini file. It should include a
> setup and post step hold time for the direction signal with respect ot
> the step active edge. Also polarity definition
> of the step and direction would be helpful.

This sounds nice, but with software generated step pulses, this is not
so easy to
accomplish.  With appropriate hardware, it is nearly trivial.  I have
this feature
in my universal stepper controller.  There are timers to count out the
setup and
hold times between step pulses and direction bit changes for each axis.
 I think
it would be very difficult to have much control of this in software without
drastically slowing down the step pulse generation.