Re: Hardware Abstraction Layer - Rev 0.01

David Frantz wrote:

> the one thing that keeps coming back in my mind is an
> integrated PLC.

Yes, I think user configurable logic is very important.

> Nothing fancy of course, just a clean
> and easy way to map I/O between devices.     The idea
> being to have the "PLC" update code handle writting to
> I/O.

I still want all the I/O to go through the hardware layer.
The PLC should read and modify memory variables only, with
no need to care about how (or even if) those variables
get out into the real world.  Hardware drivers should hide
the nitty-gritty details of the variable <--> hardware
translation.

Version 0.02 is coming as soon as I can write it up, and
I hope to address the PLC issue there.

John Kasunich