Re: question about INI settings for lathe machines in emc

Robin Szemeti <lists-at-redpoint.org.uk> wrote:

On Monday 05 May 2003 11:36, nasir2ahmed-at-yahoo.com wrote:
> hi alli have set a lathe machine to run under EMC.i set up the axes so the
> cross slide is x and the bed slide is y.these above mentioned settings are
> not a standard setting s of a lathe axes.now i want to change my axes as a
> cross slide is x and the bed slide is z instead of y.does any one can send
> me the INI file changesin the trajectory section.i tried to change my ini
> as [TRAJ]AXES = 2COORDINATES= X ZHOME=
> 0 0 AND IN AXES SECTION [AXIS_0] ( ALL THE PARAMETERS )
> [AXIS_2] ( ALL ITS PERAMETERS ) BUT WHEN I RUN THE DISPLAY DOES NOT COME
> AND IF I RUN EMC.RUN FILE FROM THE COMMAND PROMPT THEN IT GIVES THE ERROR
> THAT IS ( CANT FIND THE AXIS_1 )KINDLY SNED ME THE INI FILE SETTINGS, SO
> THAT I CAN CHANGE THE Y AXIS AS Z OR OVER COME THIS PROBLEM.ANY HELP WOULD
> BE APPRETIATED THANKS NASIR

so .. You say you have in th! e AXES section definitions for AXIS_0 and AXIS_2
.. and you are using just 2 axes ... and the program is complaining that it
cannot find a definition for AXIS_1 ???

try naming the section [AXIS_2] to be [AXIS_1]

--
Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited
Real Solutions For A Virtual World

hi all

i also tried to change axis_2 to axis_1 but then also the problem remain same. so iz thr any programming file except ini file to change the defination of axis so that i change that files perameters to get the real lathe defination ?

right now im able to get x and z axes but another axis which has ( - ) lable and it give the same reading as x axis gives is also present at third axis . how can i eleminat this axis ?

ovais

Do you Yahoo!?