Re: TkEmc

On Monday 05 May 2003 16:10, Ray Henry wrote:
> Hi Robin
>
> I was responsible for just a bit of tkemc and would be honored to see your
> improvements.  I can also make the commit to the repository.  If you have
> not GPL'd your version I would recommend that you do that before you send
> it to me or to anyone else.

OK, I'll send you a snapshot showing what I'm up to along in an offlist  mail
... the basic plan is to break it down into manageable chunks, because to me
at least its not something I can get to grips with at 2230 lines in one
namespace ...

I think broken down into seperate chunks and components, it will be a lot
easier to deal with ... I  started out trying to change it to work with a 2
axis machine, lose a few buttons and just lay the screen out how I wanted it,
and soon got stuck, which is why I decided to refactor it.  and deal with all
the #FIXME sections before I set out.

Hopefully if I can break it down into a meaningful framework of simple
components, it should be simpler to use as a basis for other displays and a
lot simpler to customise.

--
Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited