Re: FPGA for PCI based servo control board

I've got a couple of the itx VIA boards and and EPOX.  All have the soldered
on Via 800 processor.  They were all less than $100 us.  They work fairly
well for a whole system.  Roland Friestad and I wrote about one of these in
HSM recently.  I don't much like the frame buffered Trident display driver
but if you cut it down to 2 Meg it is acceptable even with TNG and freqmod.

Ray