Re: New project...PCI based servo control board

Craig Edwards wrote:

>Thanks Jon... Pretty sobering inputs!   No doubt, the business case for
>doing this project is half baked at best... And I'm sure makes no sense
>without a marketing budget / plan.  It seems like there is a lot of interest
>in an "open source" concept as well... And I've not even begun to think
>through how that might play out.
>
>Actually, I'm surprised / disappointed that you've only sold a few of the
>Universal Stepper Controls, it looks like a great value considering most of
>the simple breakout boards for parallel port interfaces cost over $100.
>Just shows what a tough group of "consumers" we'll dealing with!
>
>Well, maybe if nothing else, this flurry of discussion over the "BEST CNC
>interface" has stimulated some interest in your products...:)  Will you be
>at NAMES this year?  If so, I'd like to meet with you, maybe there are some
>activities we could collaborate on.

I'm hoping to make it to NAMES, especially for the discussions.  I want
to bring
a machine to demo, too.  I'm broke right now, waiting for a long overdue
check
to come in.  I might still make a mad rush to get a Taig or something and
put motors on it, etc.