Re: New project...PCI based servo control board

Alex Kovacic wrote:

I have limited understanding of the servo to go drivers for emc..but can

>someone clarify few things for me..
>to develop a pci board does one need to write the driver for linux or EMC....
>If it is linux than there are free PCI drivers AVAILABLE..I have one filed
>away that will address a PCI card..
>based on a motorola 56300/56303 and AMCC S5920 PCI CHIPSET.

No, the motion-related code is all real-time, and is just C code going right
to the hardware registers.  You could deal with it that way, too, as long
as you arrange for the board to be at an address that doesn't conflict with
anything else.