Re: communication with emc server

I think it is much better to do this now with ethernet rather than a
serial port. Setup a samba server or client on the linux computer and
you can share files between the two computers.
Then just have the CADCAM software save the files in a shared directory
where EMC  can
open them from. Neither EMC nor the CADCAM software needs to know the
other one is running on a different computer and you won't have to
install any software on the windows computer.

-- Will

nasir2ahmed-at-yahoo.com wrote:

>     hi
>
>     i want to connect my emc software with a window based computer to
>     transfer the G-code files directlly to machine.
>
>      with this option we make our shapes on CAMCAD software and we can
>     directlley send it to machine via serial communication port.
>
>     how can i configure or which code i should write in the ini file
>     to enable our emc as server and which software i have to install
>     on a windows computer.
>
>     further more how can i make our cable for this communication is
>     this the same as we connect in serial communication?
>

>     nasir

> Yahoo! Platinum
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/platinum/evt=8162/*http://platinum.yahoo.com/splash.html>
> - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop
> <http://rd.yahoo.com/platinum/evt=8162/*http://platinum.yahoo.com/splash.html>!

Will Shackleford
NIST
100 Bureau Dr. Stop #8230
Gaithersburg, MD 20899
(301) 975-4286
Please do not send me Microsoft formatted documents.
They frequently contain viruses and discourage fair
competition and open standards.
I will ignore any email that contains them unless
 absolutely necessary.