Re: mdi moves

Hi Dave

I have experienced this problem consistently over the time I have been
working with EMC. It is not just the X or Y axis that is affected - It
happens with all of them.

If you monitor the raw data being passed to the trajectory control, you will
see any axis that is not given a position on the MDI input will assume the
*current* position. In your example, if Y5.5 is commanded when X is at 2.775,
once X reaches 5, the next move on the stack will be Y5.5 X2.775 Z0 F10.
The short term answer is to enter X5 Y5.5 Z0 to remove any ambiquity. Long
term perhaps, any unspecified axes should use the last value on the motion
stack rather than the *current* position.

Regards, Paul.

--

"To err is human...to really f*** things up requires the root password."