Serial Transfer Programs

Hi there machiners,

I thought it might be a practical first step to get EMC to emulate our FANUC
30 milling machine so we can do some conversational programming and
backplotting on it and then shove the resulting G-code down the serial port
into the Fanuc like we do now.

NOW:

[386sx with intercam]------>COM1------->[FANUC with serial link]

IDEA:

[PIII with EMC and SERIAL TRANSFER PROG]---->/dev/ttyS0--->{FANUC]

Are there any such Linux/freeware CNC Transfer applications?

I'm guessing one can use kermit or minicom etc to doit  and I would like to
know more about how to do that but perhaps scripts are already around
somewhere?

--
cheers

73deVK6PEC