Re: stepper pulse rate idea

On Friday 14 March 2003 12:56 pm, Paul wrote:
<s>
> A better solution would be to off load the critical pulse rate generation
> as Jon has done with his interface - Trying to attain 300KHz rates on a
> standard x86 computer just isn't going to work. Switching from micro to
> full stepping on the fly during a move is just asking for trouble and also
> adds extra computations to the very code you need to run at high speed.

There is no question but that my thoughts on this have stirred some thinking
and reacting.  This is the kind of stuff that we need more of as we approach
EMC Monday.  Thanks to all of you we have a clearer understanding of the
problems involved.

> Perhaps time to switch to Decaf or Earl Grey... :)

Could'ya fit a wee tin of that EG stuff in the wrinklies bag?  Might help
keep me calm during the sessions. <grin>