EMC Monday was Re: CNC lathe threading?

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 09:06 am, John K wrote among other valuable stuff:
<s>
> Ray also mentioned something called "EMC Monday" at NAMES.  This
> is the first I heard of it.  What is it?  Is it open to all
> interested parties?  If I'm gonna stay another day, I'd like to
> know soon.

In previous years at names we have had EMC discussions as time permitted.
The first year Dave Anderson and I compared notes and swapped disks when the
crowd died out on Sunday.  The next year Jon, Matt, Joel, and a couple of
others shared our thoughts and ganged up on Matt to be the fearless leader of
the "EMC Users Group."  (Didn't hear much about that, did you.)

Last year we talked as much as we could during the show.  Some even ignored a
few curious people when the conversations got interesting.  We went to dinner
Saturday night and talked long enough to nearly close down the bar.  If I
remember right there were about eight or nine of us.

The idea of EMC Monday popped up in a conversation a while back.  The crush
of bodies (4k +) during Saturday and Sunday makes it very difficult to get
much done.  Add to that a busier than ever schedule during the show this
year.  There is a general Saturday evening meeting right at the arena for all
CNC folk.  There are also two CNC presentations, one each day.  Matt and I
came to the conclusion that we have a full plate without any EMC specific
time and decided to stay over an extra day.  EMC Monday is open to anyone who
has an interest

We plan to start conversing about EMC on Sunday as soon as we get all the
display stuff into our cars.  The show closes at 4 so by 5 we should be ready
to attack that same or a similar restaurant and hold forth as long as we are
able.  During that time we would like to develop a specific agenda for
Monday.

The product of Monday will be minutes and recommendations that we post here
for further work.  Attendees will include; Fred (Nist), Matt (EMCUG Chair),
Paul (BDI), Frank (Machine Designer), and Ray (Gadfly).  I'm twisting several
other arms to expand the range of talent.  (You should consider this an arm
twist, John.)  Anyone else reading this post should also think about
attending this important meeting.  This meeting will get your plans, ideas,
and questions about as close to the core of EMC as you can get.

We've got a lot going on out there with the EMC.