RE: Shoptask for CNC, was: CNC lathe threading?

Pros:
Very easy to CNC as all you need to do is bolt on the motors
Very solid lathe
Two very usable machines in a single foot print.

Cons:
Like many (most?) Chinese machine tools it takes a fair amount of work
to tune it up.
The suppliers business methods can be flaky and the official bulletin
board is heavily censored with posts being "massaged" to say what the
company wants, not what the poster intended.

I am happy with mine and feel it was a good value. At the time I did not
have the space or money to convert a separate lathe and mill. The
company has treated me well, but the controlled spin on the site and
slow delivery has been a big issue the past year. As far as I am aware
they have delivered as promised to all customers, but the timeframe has
been drawn out for many well beyond what they expected. From what I can
tell the backlog is clearing up and normal delivery is resuming.

Tim
[Denver, CO]
Sherline products at Deep Discount
Mach1 & DeskCNC with credit card ordering
www.KTMarketing.com/Sherline
Now selling Visual Mill