CNC lathe threading?

Hi, I'm new to CNC and EMC and am trying to do CNC lathe threading.

>From what I can tell, EMC can't do this out of the box.  What I need
to do is have a way to link G code tasks to real events in the outside
world (tachometer feedback).

  It looks like EMC is partitioned so that I can use it's motion
control software and request that it execute motion based on some
software I write that watches the tachometer.
  Is this reasonably feasable, and could anyone point me to a good
starting location?

  If it's not reasonable, would the best DIY approach be to write
really simple stepper pulse generation code myself and run it under
realtime scheduling?  I'd rather use what EMC's already got here if I
can.  I don't want to have to write my own accel/decel routines if I
don't have to...

							Thanks,
							Barry