Re: Plasma cutter

Hi Luc

Thirty meters per minute is rather fast. (1200 ipm)  I may have to come
over and watch this machine work!

For the two meter axis use something like this.  It assumes a home in the
center.

TYPE =                          LINEAR
UNITS=                      1
MAX_VELOCITY =                  500
DEADBAND = 0.05
CYCLE_TIME =                    0.001
INPUT_SCALE =                   20    0
OUTPUT_SCALE = 20.000 0.000
MIN_LIMIT =                     -1000
MAX_LIMIT =                     1000
FERROR = 25.400
MIN_FERROR = 0.2540

The trick here may be the ferror and min ferror.  For some reason these
do not scale to the type of unit used.

The other part that you will need to take great care with is the
acceleration in [TRAJ]

AXES =                  3
LINEAR_UNITS =          1
CYCLE_TIME =            0.01
DEFAULT_VELOCITY =	10
MAX_VELOCITY =          500
DEFAULT_ACCELERATION =  50
MAX_ACCELERATION =      100

You may have to work with these numbers a bunch to keep your steppers
from skipping.  It will be much worse if you have much mass that you are
moving.

Hope this helps

Ray