Re: test results

Hassan

First I want to repeat what I said earlier so that casual lurkers who are
anxious to detract from the EMC and promote other systems will understand
what I'm saying here.  Again we can see that the motion is much closer to
ideal, and much more repeatable that was the motion produced by the other
controller.

Yes this is quite a bit better circle.  It exhibits about half the out of
roundness of the first emc plot.  Again the repeatability of the
computations in both directions is quite impressive.

My guess from the first plot was that the rotation of the egg shaped
nature of the thing was about 15 degrees clockwise from y.  In this plot
it is clearly 45.  It would seem that we have some sort of math that
rounds away from zero when both x and y are positive or negitive but
rounds toward zero when x and y bear opposite signs.  As someone once
said, "I find that fascinatin'."

I'd like to see two more tests with the machine set up this way.  The
first would mill a square with sides along the x and y axi and about the
same size as the diameter of the ballbar.  Measure and report the size of
the sides and diagonals.  Then mill a diamond where the diagonals lay
along the x and y axi and report the same set of measurements.

What are the input_scale values that you are using?

We've gotta hire you and that gadget to test out a bunch of EMC
configurations!

Ray