NIC- eth0

Okay heres another,

The BDI2-18 didn't prompt me for network configuration even though I had a
NIC plugged in.  I used linuxconf to select eth0 and the module for the card
(dmfe in my case).  With my previous installation I set the mode to Dhcp and
made sure that DNS was enabled.  Restarting with network restart from
/etc/rc.d/init.d returns eth0 FAILED.

I am connected to a cable modem and previously these steps would connect to
the internet.

This one is an Archtek 10/100 TX Local Area Network Adapter. I'll try a
different NIC now.

Kurtis