From: Paul <paul-at-bdiemc.fslife.co.uk>
To: Multiple recipients of list <emc-at-nist.gov>
Date: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 7:22 AM
Subject: Re: Bdi and serial mouse

Hi Kurtis

Mmm.. Good question - I had to boot an install CD to work this one out.

First off. Is the mouse a known working one and is it plugged in to COM1
(are
the com ports enable in the BIOS?) ??

Using the Tab key, you can cycle through the various buttons and boxes on
each screen - Once in a menu box, the cursor keys can be used to scroll up
and down the list. To expand on one particular sub group, use the Plus and
Minus keys.

I would suggest getting the mouse working via the mouse Configuration screen
as it makes life much easier during the install, and also avoids a lot of
hassle trying to set it up manually later.

Regards, Paul.

P.S. cc'ing to the EMC list as it may be of interest to others.. See if I
get
bounced as well ;-(

--

"To err is human...to really f*** things up requires the root password."