Re: EMC for windows

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 12:58 pm, Eric wrote:
> There is one counter-example which shows that under certain
> circumstances windows will work in real-time: Mach 1, which is the twin
> of EMC hosted under windows.

I'm just a bit suspicious of the notion of twin here.  There was a recent
discussion on CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO that talked about the inability to set
home switch offsets with that other system.  Seems they left out the home
position and home offset stuff from any sort of configurable ini.  The
only thing about it that was a twin is the interpreter and even that has
forked away from the EMC.

My theory on why that works is that, by